Where (& how!) small businesses can use QR codes
Over the last year, safety has been top of mind for business owners all over the world - and we've seen quick response (or QR) codes make a comeback as part of this pivot. Whether for contactless restaurant menus or touch-free transactions, QR codes are now easier than ever to use. With most smartphones, you just need to position the code within your camera and a URL will automatically generate.
When it comes to your small businesses, there are a lot of places you can add a QR code...including on everyday marketing materials like these:
- Business cards
- Car magnets
- Window decals
- Sheet stickers
- Vinyl banners
- Outdoor posters
- Tabletop retractable banners
Where is the best place to use a QR code - and what type of QR-coded product is best for your small business?
The best place to use a QR code depends on what kind of business you run - and what you want your QR code to link to. Whether you want to use QR codes to accept payment, give customers more information, or streamline your services, here are some QR code use ideas (and product suggestions) based on various types of small businesses.
Ready to use a QR code for your small business?
Whether you've decided to use QR codes to run giveaways, accept touchfree payments or display restaurant menus, there are still a few things you need to do. Before you debut your new QR-coded product, make sure you:
- Have a call to action. Beneath your QR code, include an actionable request, like "Scan here" or "Visit my website."
- Properly position it. Make sure your QR code is displayed in a way that's easy to scan - leave some space around it when designing your business cards or banners.
- Test it out yourself. Before you hang up your QR-coded poster, give it a try for yourself! Then, have your employees, friends or family members test it out, too.
- Create an incentive for customers. Get customers excited about using your QR code by attaching an incentive to it. Maybe if they scan your code to subscribe to your newsletter, they'll be entered to win a gift card.